Benefits Of Blastocyst Method Over The Conventional Embryo Transfer Procedure
The greater possibility of successfully transferring an embryo, resulting in a successful pregnancy and delivery. Test tube baby treatment by keeping the embryos in the lab for these two more days, the risk of transplanting a (healthy-looking) embryo on day 3 that would naturally expire before day 5 is eliminated.
Blastocysts have a higher implantation rate than Day 3 embryos, resulting in a higher pregnancy rate.
Blastocyst culture enhances IVF results by allowing embryologists to monitor the embryo for a longer length of time (5-6 days).
- These extra days will also aid in the selection of embryos that can develop into blastocysts, which have a higher chance of forming a pregnancy than embryos on day 3.
- Because the blastocyst stage of the embryo is deposited in the uterus during natural pregnancy, this blastocyst cultivation and transfer technique resembles normal pregnancy, resulting in more successful pregnancies.
- Day 3 embryos, on the other hand, would generally be present in the fallopian tubes, which means that when we transfer them into the uterus, they have to wait a few days before implanting, which is not ideal for pregnancy success.
- After being transferred, human blastocysts hatch from the shell and begin implanting within 1 or 2 days.
- After 10 to 12 days b HCG following blastocyst transfer, a beta HCG urine or blood test can be used to confirm pregnancy.